THE €100K COCA-COLA HBC HORECA CHALLENGE
“As the leading 24/7 beverage partner, we continually explore new ways to invest in our future – and the €100k start-up challenge allows us to do just that.”
“This year, we are calling on startups to bring forward the next big idea that will transform the hotel, restaurant and cafe channel. We seek the solutions that will strengthen and premiumise our offering of unmatched products, services, and our customer-centric approach.”
“The winning start-up will demonstrate creativity, business acumen, and a passion for driving change. In addition to investment, we will also support and nurture the ideas and partnerships to help them reach full potential.”
CEO, Coca-Cola HBC
We grow WHEN our customers grow
To do this, we leverage our 24/7 portfolio and segmented sales execution to grow the overall beverage industry, focusing on areas of high value opportunity and executing with excellence.
With over 100 brands covering eight categories – sparkling, water, juices, ready-to-drink tea, energy, plant-based, premium spirits and coffee – we have more opportunities to help our customers delight consumers than ever before, by providing the brands and drinks people want, when and where they want them.
We are building the solutions and services of the future for the HoReCa channel to accelerate growth
We have a vision to create the HORECA Channel for Tomorrow and strive to be a full-service partner to our customers. This means increasing the frequency of sales visits, and helping to upgrade the customer experience through portfolio premiumisation and innovations. We also work in partnership with our customers to support the upskilling of their staff, and continue to build internal capabilities to support the channel.
We are looking for solutions in six areas
We imagine that you work in the the hotel, restaurant and café (HORECA) channel
Internet-first restaurants & Dark Kitchens
Commercial kitchen space dedicated to fulfilling food delivery orders through food delivery platforms. With no storefront or room inside to dine in. Dark Kitchens are central kitchens that can operate as virtual restaurants, with multiple brands & are therefore dedicated to delivery only.
Restaurants’ tech hardware
Tech-driven machinery, equipment & systems that allow restaurants to work more efficiently, automatically and/or rapidly. AI solutions but also contactless or staffless technologies.
Restaurants’ in-store software
Online/Cloud systems that connect different functions & teams within a restaurant business. These tools help restaurant teams get daily/repeated tasks done faster and increase workflow. Machine learning programs that help deliver a better user experience but also more accurate & realistic results for restaurant owners.
Food waste management
Not only food leftovers but also any scrap that can be thrown in the trash. Solutions tailored to the food service market in order to track, analyze and of course reduce the amount of waste.
Feedback management & consumer engagement
Software apps that can help restaurants to manage feedback properly as well as engage consumers in store and ultimately improve & grow the restaurant business and boosting loyalty with consumers.
Food discovery & Reviews
Online or mobile platforms allowing consumers to discover new restaurants. This also includes tech-based systems allowing consumer to write restaurant reviews and view rankings.
Excellence in execution
Generate value for our customers
Upgrade the HoReCa experience for our consumers
What we are looking for
A startup or a technology
A minimum viable product and beyond
IP or Patents
What we offer
The best solution of the €100K Coca-Cola HBC HORECA Challenge will receive
Partnership or investment
We will partner with and invest in the most promising technologies and startups
We will leverage our resources, brands and channels to implement and scale your solutions
We can make introductions to our industry partners
We bring 70 years of Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience
The €100K Coca-Cola HBC HORECA Challenge
Q: Who can apply to the HORECA challenge?
A: Any startup or technology company with an idea past the MVP stage
Q: When can we submit our application?
Between March 24 and May 5, 2023
Q: How do we submit our application?
A: Via the apply button in the top right corner or through this link: https://share.hsforms.com/1ScvVNx0jSjmEcN6ZUMZbaw3gic2
Q: Are there any restrictions in terms of geography?
A: No, but the challenge team must be able to present in English
Q: How can we increase our chances of selection?
A: 1) Be thorough when filling in the application 2) Be clear about the value and impact of your solution 3) Speak to the challenges outlined on the website.
Q: Do we have to present to participate in the challenge?
What are the Terms & Conditions of the challenge
The €100K Coca-Cola HBC HORECA Challenge
- Coca-Cola HBC has launched a Challenge, managed by Rainmaking Innovation ApS, in order to identify startups active in the area of the Hotels, Restaurants and Cafes (HORECA) channel and more specifically in the areas of Internet-first restaurants & Dark Kitchens, Restaurants’ tech hardware, Restaurants’ in-store software, Food waste management, Feedback management & consumer engagement and Food discovery & reviews.
- The best proposed solution to the Challenge will receive a monetary prize of 100.000 euros which will be awarded and paid by Coca-Cola HBC.
- Submissions must be filed online through the website under https://CCHBC-challenge.Rainmaking.io between March 24 and May 5, 2023. This deadline may be extended at the organizers’ discretion.
- Submissions must be the original work solely of the participating startup. Participants acknowledge that any material submitted as part of the Challenge will be presented in an open process in the context of the Challenge, as per the Terms and Conditions.
- Selection will be done at the organizers’ absolute discretion. No appeal process is envisaged or warranted. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify at any time any submission. The organizers retain the right to annul, postpone, cancel or amend the Challenge for any reason whatsoever.
- The top twenty entries selected shall be invited to an on-line screening interview. Ten participants shall be invited to pitch in a virtual Selection Day Workshop. Five finalists will be selected and may be invited to participate in a physical or virtual Demo Day. One participant will be selected as the best proposed solution to the Challenge and will be awarded the 100.000 euros prize.
- Participants and the participant team members agree that they will not use the name Coca-Cola HBC, any trademarks or other intellectual property of Coca-Cola HBC or The Coca-Cola Company, in any advertising or publicity without the written permission of Coca-Cola HBC.
- Rainmaking and Coca-Cola HBC shall collect, process and file participants’ personal data (name, e-mail address (e-mail), address, phone numbers, images and video files), which will be processed for the purpose of conducting the Challenge, for the promotion of the Challenge by all media and for contacting participants in view of possible future business purposes. The participants expressly consent to the use of their personal data by Coca-Cola HBC, resulting from their participation for the above purposes. Personal data may be transmitted to business partners of Coca-Cola HBC for the above purposes. Additional information on the processing of personal data by Coca-Cola HBC is available in the Privacy Notice of Coca-Cola HBC available at: https://www.coca-colahellenic.com/en/privacy-notice.
- The Challenge is subject to Terms and Conditions to be found at: https://cchbc-challenge.rainmaking.io/terms-conditions/. Submitting an application to participate in the Challenge implies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Questions pertaining to the Challenge may be addressed to email@example.com.
About Coca-Cola HBC
What we do
We are a growth-focused consumer packaged goods business and strategic bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company. We create value for all our stakeholders by supporting the socio-economic development of the communities in which we operate, and we believe building a more positive environmental impact is integral to our future growth. Together, we and our customers serve 715 million consumers across a broad geographic footprint of 29 countries. Our geographic footprint spans from the west coast of Ireland, across central and eastern Europe to our most southerly market Nigeria.
Our 24/7 portfolio
Our portfolio is one of the strongest, broadest and most flexible in the beverage industry, offering consumer-leading beverage brands in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, plant-based, ready-to-drink tea, coffee, adult sparkling and premium spirits categories. Our products cater to a growing range of tastes with a wider choice of healthier options, premium products and increasingly sustainable packaging.
Our commitment to sustainability
Mission 2025, our Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy is a business imperative and integral to our decision-making and targets. We are committed to reducing emissions to net zero across the whole of our value chain by 2040 and have a robust roadmap to deliver our goal. We consistently rank among the top sustainability performers in ESG benchmarks such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, CDP, MSCI ESG and FTSE4Good.
We are a growth-focused consumer packaged goods (CPG) business and strategic bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company
Number of employees
What we do
Rainmaking is a global cooperative of entrepreneurs who run startups and innovation programs in more than 40 countries. We are a global team of 200+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, developers, designers and investors.
Our global network provides us with first-hand access to innovative startups and early-stage companies in every major startup ecosystem worldwide.
And we are still founders at heart. To date we have founded 25 companies based on our own ideas and seed funded them ourselves. Followed up with +20m EUR from external investors.
We create positive change through entrepreneurship
Number of employees